MurderRustRespawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspicious player; "Raving Randy"

4 posters

Go down

Suspicious player; "Raving Randy" Empty Suspicious player; "Raving Randy"

Post by xiandrii Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 pm

There have been 2 occurrences of suspicious behavior from this guy

The first is when he was at the bottom of a mountain, he was right at the bottom and I was at the top (more than 100m away). I saw him and sprinted away non-stop for about 3 minutes. My intention was to run away, then hide and ambush him when he ran past. So I then waited and listened for any footsteps. About 60 seconds passed before I heard footsteps, but then they stopped. It sounded like he was on the rock above me. Still, I waited, making sure not to give my position away. Then, he just starts making these sniffing noises and saying "i can smell youuu". I figured that he was just trying to freak me out and make me move, so I just stayed still. I knew any noise would give away my location. Then he just says "look mate i know you're behind the rock, i saw you run behind there". So I peek out from behind the rock, and he was aiming directly at me. I died. I gave him the benefit of the doubt though, because maybe he did see me go behind the rock (??)

The second time was when I was collecting wood near factory. I was stood near the wall of factory rad, and he was stood next to the civ buildings on the road. Now, I thought, he probably cant see me because there are a bunch of trees blocking the view, and he is a long way away (I'm talking max range for m4 distance). Anyways, so he gets a couple of hits on me somehow, so I decide to, once again, turn around and sprint non-stop towards one of my houses on the coast. A few minutes go by before I hear footsteps getting closer and closer, then they stop directly above me, but I feel safe because I knew that it was impossible for him to have seen where I went because of all the trees blocking the view, and the fact that there was such a massive distance between us when I initially started running. So, eventually I thought I should make a break for it and, once again, I poked my head out to see where he was, and, once again, he was aiming directly at me. Dead again.

Now, I don't like to throw around accusations 'willy-nilly', but this guy is definitely suspicious.

When I asked him how he was so good at this, he just said "cos i'm a pro, i play 15 hours a day", but i've been playing more than 15 hours a day and i have yet to unlock the 'psychic perception' ability  Sad 

I'm not accusing him of hacking, I'm just asking if the admins could keep an eye on him please. He is sketchy as fuck.

There are plenty of undetected tools which allow you to see the locations of people, and you can switch them off ingame (to avoid the whole 'take a screenshot' rule), so.. yeah..

go to youtube and,
watch?v=PC6OR-iQoDU

Interesting watch.
xiandrii
xiandrii
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Suspicious player; "Raving Randy" Empty Re: Suspicious player; "Raving Randy"

Post by xiandrii Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:35 am

I just want to make it clear btw that I'm not accusing him of hacking here, I'm just saying it's pretty bloody suspect that he knows where I am all the time

I havn't played this game long enough to know if he uses cheats or not. I just find it abit suspicious thats all.

Calling someone a hacker is a pretty serious allegation, so I would not want to accuse someone of that if I wasn't absolutely sure.
xiandrii
xiandrii
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by mintR Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:43 am

Thanks for your report.

We have done multiple checks on this player in the past and he has passed them all.

However we will still keep an eye on this player.
mintR
mintR
Admin

http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by braddaman Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:30 pm

You should bare in mind that as I use a bolt action, when in a group I tend to be the one getting the kills a lot due to the base damage of the bolt.
For example, last night, me and Xio chased a guy round a mountain, he shot him twice with an M4 and I hit him with a bolt to get the kill. Straight away in chat its 'Randy hacking report him'.

When I chase people, I look for the route they are taking, think where are they heading and always stay enough behind that I can see their exit route from cover. So if i see you run behind a rock and not come out the other side, I'm not going to go in close - I usually only carry a bolt and a P250 (I'm not that good with the P250), so I will always wait people out.

Another point is, I have the game sound pretty loud. I always use sound to my advantage. This sounds like I'm writing an advanced bandit techniques article...

Basically, if you are getting hit with a bolt, slap a barricade down. Dont just aimlessly run. They only cost 30 wood and will save your life tenfold.

Other than what I've said, if I hunt you down near the next valley area, its usually because i know where you live. i can check current players - thus I know when you're online, so why would i gather when you can do it for me? Most players take the same route back to base, running in a straight line with a tonne of mats. If the first shot hits, It's rare that I'll miss the next two.
braddaman
braddaman
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by braddaman Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:45 pm

I tell you what, I'll stop using the bolt and start using the bow Smile
braddaman
braddaman
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by xiandrii Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Please don't hurt my ego even more by killing me with the bow  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
xiandrii
xiandrii
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiomaro Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:52 am

[DkR] BradDaMan a.k.a. "Raving Randy" maybe be guilty of a lot of things... staying up all night, using all our LQM on a metal base, using all our C4, being killed by a hacker while having billions of planks... ok, sorry Brad Razz

But he's not a hacker Smile

Brad spends an awful lot of time in this game and he seems to know where almost every player lives because he's a creepy stalker Wink So he's become pretty good at predicting where a player might go. He even printed out his own Rust map for reference Very Happy
Xiomaro
Xiomaro
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by mintR Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:50 am

Raving Randy has been banned for having cheat engines on his machine.

https://i.imgur.com/bsQmqKe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6ShaRV9.jpg
mintR
mintR
Admin

http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down