MurderRustRespawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rust Hackers.

4 posters

Go down

Rust Hackers. Empty Rust Hackers.

Post by mintR Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 pm

I have been getting multiple of players reporting hackers over the past couple of days.

Their are a few things I need everyone to understand and follow in order for me to catch as many hackers as possible.

Im currently doing everything I can with the powers I have. I believe I am the only person banning players for having a vac ban on record, which means every 10 mins or less I am checking every player (Which is sometimes 100 players) for vac bans. This is time consuming because I need to look at every steam profile of every player on the server.

I also need players to report hackers on the forum "Report A Player" or you can contact me via steam (mintR1990) however the forum is best as it is logged, Steam chat history tends to vanish often.

The reason I dont like people reporting in game is because if a player reports a suspected hacker he will either "Change his name" so It takes me longer to find him or "Turn the hack off" so when I do eventually Teloport to him, he is no longer hacking so I cannot ban the player.

If players report via the forums it does not alert the hacker which means I have more chance of catching him in the act.

Im also considering adding Oxide Mod to the server so I can add the "Oxmin" plugin which allows me to give specific admin rights to players. As it stands its either Full Admin or No Admins which means It takes me longer to pick admins to help run the server who I feel can be trusted with it.
mintR
mintR
Admin

http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rust Hackers. Empty Re: Rust Hackers.

Post by Madmolar Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Adding a mod that gives some limited admin powers to a few people could be a really good idea and help you out with the work load.
Madmolar
Madmolar
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by mintR Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Agree, but this would but the server under "Modded" on the server browser which has around 10k servers more than community so we wont be on the 1st page.
mintR
mintR
Admin

http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FortuneHunter Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 am

My suggestion is to put on whitelist, add enough players to keep 60-70 online(it's optimal number in my opinion) at EU daytime and then install the Oxide.
There is a lot of servers but people are using few of them I believe.
However even if you will be on the first page, but your server will have a lot of houses people won't settle here because of lack of space. And this happen when there is more than 90-100 players and there is more than one-two houses per player.
FortuneHunter
FortuneHunter
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincast Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:05 am

Sorry MintR, first of all I'm a bastard for using a hack and I accept that man and I know that makes your life harder as I've been an admin on other servers in the past and I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for what I did and I hope that you could forgive me man, I don't want to be unbanned, I just wanted you to know that you have a great server and that I'm sorry that I fucked it up for my self and made you life harder.
Cincast
Cincast
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down