Do we wipe?

Go down

Wipe the server?

43% 43% 
[ 23 ]
57% 57% 
[ 30 ]
 
Total Votes : 53

Do we wipe?

Post by mintR on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:57 pm

I've been asked by multiple players for a wipe.

I believe the main reasons are:

1)Server Lag
2) No new players, we were sitting at 100 players at UK Peak times for around 4 days in a row. This would have continued if it wasn't for the 2 DDOS attacks within the space of 3 days.

So, I will let the community decide and vote Yes/No.


Last edited by mintR on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mintR
Admin

Posts : 132
Join date : 2014-01-19
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by RealCron on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Yes we need a wipe! Because of no new players..and most of them left the server , we need a fresh air Smile
avatar
RealCron
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by bleech on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:12 pm

It's a short term solution. All servers numbers go up and down. Just wait for the patch, probably only be a week or so. The server was only wiped a week and a bit a go. Can't wipe it every week. Blow up RLs base if you want to improve lag. You could do a vote every day and the majority would say wipe it.
avatar
bleech
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by A Rather Festive Llama on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:27 pm

a wipe would be very good
avatar
A Rather Festive Llama
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-08
Age : 19
Location : scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Ferrando on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm not against a wipe, i just want to know when you want to do it before i vote..
avatar
Ferrando
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by qozmyox on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 am

wipe it just when next update comes .
avatar
qozmyox
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Ferrando on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:22 am

nvm im voting yes..
avatar
Ferrando
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Barrywhite on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:28 am

wipe it. too much lag. too little to do.
avatar
Barrywhite
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by demonic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:46 am

dont wipe it wiping wont bring more players back might get rid of lag for couple days but then people will rebuild big and all new players that dont want a wipe woild quit since they been working hard for then to have all workt hey done undone it pretty much soul crushhing u think wipe will bring more members it will lose more.
avatar
demonic
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pointless

Post by Ziki on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:05 am

I have worked really hard to get where i am . if server gets wiped thats is just it for me and my 10 member team on this server. no one wants to start over every 2 weeks unless it is absolutely necessary.

Major facepunch upgrade for example. otherwise there is absolutely no point in wiping. its frustrating and i guarantee u lose a large number of your older loyal players. we all worked hard to get where we are and if we're forced to start over , we'd basically just say screw it. why work hard again if the server is gonna be wiped once more in 2 weeks. alot of people existence on this server depends on wether or not the server will be wiped. the people who do want wipes are mostly the ones who dont have much to lose. so please think about all factions instead of just a group of the players. Thank you.
avatar
Ziki
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Madmolar on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:23 am

Ziki wrote:I have worked really hard to get where i am . if server gets wiped thats is just it for me and my 10 member team on this server. no one wants to start over every 2 weeks unless it is absolutely necessary.

Major facepunch upgrade for example. otherwise there is absolutely no point in wiping. its frustrating and i guarantee u lose a large number of your older loyal players. we all worked hard to get where we are and if we're forced to start over , we'd basically just say screw it. why work hard again if the server is gonna be wiped once more in 2 weeks. alot of people existence on this server depends on wether or not the server will be wiped. the people who do want wipes are mostly the ones who dont have much to lose. so please think about all factions instead of just a group of the players. Thank you.

You obviously haven't noticed that we now struggle to get 50+ people on, whereas we used to be full. People have stopped playing because there is very little else to do now.

I'm all for a wipe. This will be my 9th since I started playing Rust (4 different servers). In an alpha, you are lucky to be able to not have a wipe every week!
avatar
Madmolar
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Seafort on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:26 am

@Ziki

Actually that's not true.

RL and the group I'm part of (MRR admin group) want the wipe. We'd probably lose a lot more than most people but it's alpha so expect frequent wipes whether there is a big update from Facepunch or not.

The lag will only get worse and the server needs that fresh start for new and old players as the game doesn't have enough content to hold peoples attention for very long.
You'd probably lose players due to boredom if there wasn't frequent wipes to keep the game fresh.
avatar
Seafort
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Madmolar on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:43 am

@ziki So I just realised, 10 of the 15 'no' votes are your group....
avatar
Madmolar
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by RealCron on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:08 am

Madmolar wrote:
Ziki wrote:I have worked really hard to get where i am . if server gets wiped thats is just it for me and my 10 member team on this server. no one wants to start over every 2 weeks unless it is absolutely necessary.

Major facepunch upgrade for example. otherwise there is absolutely no point in wiping. its frustrating and i guarantee u lose a large number of your older loyal players. we all worked hard to get where we are and if we're forced to start over , we'd basically just say screw it. why work hard again if the server is gonna be wiped once more in 2 weeks. alot of people existence on this server depends on wether or not the server will be wiped. the people who do want wipes are mostly the ones who dont have much to lose. so please think about all factions instead of just a group of the players. Thank you.

You obviously haven't noticed that we now struggle to get 50+ people on, whereas we used to be full. People have stopped playing because there is very little else to do now.

I'm all for a wipe. This will be my 9th since I started playing Rust (4 different servers). In an alpha, you are lucky to be able to not have a wipe every week!
Yeah,i remember when i was logging in the morning just to get the drops from raidtowns ( since no1 was playing in morning ...like 15 players maybe Very Happy ) and in the afternoon 70+ all the time ...now it doesn't matter when i log , i rarely see 50 online .
avatar
RealCron
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by DaveGrohl on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 am

You can't wipe just because you hope you will get more players. Plus players don't leave because they have got end game. They leave because of huge factions that KOS and just terrorize everyone.

Also if any of the major factions are moaning because they're bored, just think of any other game. When you get end game can you just choose to wipe?

Plus they can just abandon their bases and start again but they choose not to.

Just wipe when its necessary or you will keep your long term players which are probably the 50 playing now, but loose any new ones.
avatar
DaveGrohl
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My opinion.

Post by DanInSpace on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:07 am

I think that a wipe is not necessary. I've heard arguments from people saying we need a wipe to gain players, but look at the vote. You would lose as many, maybe more than you gain. When I joined the quota was "We wipe every 3-4 weeks or with a major patch". Maybe the real problem you're low on players is due to the players who are currently powerful on the server and are abusive people. When you try to convey an argument in the form of a discussion you are abused.

The talks of wipes are from those who are major powers, bored of having everything. Do you think that a wipe will alter the spread of power? I don't, I think that a wipe would yield the same results. A high peak of players followed by a dip as power is established. The constant KOS of new players by major clans doesn't help either. However these are all things you can't really change. All I'd say is to tell people to be a little more considerate to new players and don't just see them as cattle. I saw in the chat a person going after someone's base who voted no, proving those who want a wipe are just those with power.

In conclusion a wipe without any major patch would be in my opinion detrimental to the server causing an even larger drop in a devoted player base. The same sequence of events would occur again, maybe with a different clan however with the same outcome.

Thank you for reading. (If you got this far)
avatar
DanInSpace
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Seafort on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 am

DanInSpace wrote:I think that a wipe is not necessary. I've heard arguments from people saying we need a wipe to gain players, but look at the vote. You would lose as many, maybe more than you gain. When I joined the quota was "We wipe every 3-4 weeks or with a major patch". Maybe the real problem you're low on players is due to the players who are currently powerful on the server and are abusive people. When you try to convey an argument in the form of a discussion you are abused.

The talks of wipes are from those who are major powers, bored of having everything. Do you think that a wipe will alter the spread of power? I don't, I think that a wipe would yield the same results. A high peak of players followed by a dip as power is established. The constant KOS of new players by major clans doesn't help either. However these are all things you can't really change. All I'd say is to tell people to be a little more considerate to new players and don't just see them as cattle. I saw in the chat a person going after someone's base who voted no, proving those who want a wipe are just those with power.

In conclusion a wipe without any major patch would be in my opinion detrimental to the server causing an even larger drop in a devoted player base. The same sequence of events would occur again, maybe with a different clan however with the same outcome.

Thank you for reading. (If you got this far)

I agree that this game cannot support clan/guilds like RL dominating the server like they are now. The game needs to be fleshed out more and have a much bigger map to support large groups like RL.

I still think we need a wipe though due to the lag which will continue to get worse as time goes on. This is alpha the game is not optimised at all. The last wipe we had was on the 25th February. It'll be 2 weeks on Tuesday since the last wipe.

I voted yes due to the lag, the 2 DDoS we've had interrupting play and it will be a fresh start for new and old players on the server. Until we have more long term and sustainable gameplay mechanics I expect frequent wipes to keep the game fresh and exciting.

After all it's alpha, get used to it Smile
avatar
Seafort
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by demonic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 am

frankly all these big teams are what is crippling the server i moved 3 different locations rl had bases at all the wipe whats it going to do give them a chance to get bases where the other groups were in control cause end of the day im new tto this server we spent last couple days working like crazy to get material and learn blueprints and were getting somewhere but wipe will lose our players and rl want the wipe they will still be here still scaring of new players and some old ones are saying they will quit 2 if servers wiped. You should only wipe for updates and if u big clans find it so boring go on official see how you do!
avatar
demonic
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by demonic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:35 am

Oh and the fact that MIntr said by his word the server wasnt getting wiped wella admin that you cannot belivee isnt wiorth playing on and a server thts wipes every 2 weeks is pointless and will discourage ne wplayers frm joining. By the way saying whocares what the ne wguys think u keep tlking about wanting more players but ypu overrule new players when they are here so what u think gonna happen they will find a better server
.
avatar
demonic
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Mc.Nagger on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 am

wipe pls. fps shit. ppl with kevlar shit. wipe and let the strongest survive.
avatar
Mc.Nagger
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Seafort on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:25 am

demonic wrote:Oh and the fact that MIntr said by his word the server wasnt getting wiped wella admin that you cannot belivee isnt wiorth playing on and a server thts wipes every 2 weeks is pointless and will discourage ne wplayers frm joining. By the way saying whocares what the ne wguys think u keep tlking about wanting more players but ypu overrule new players when they are here so what u think gonna happen they will find a better server
.

If the poll stays as it is we won't be wiping till the next big update. So enjoy the increased lag and lower player count till you have grown just as large as the other groups to add to the lag Smile

Either way you'll still lose all your items maybe not now but in the next 2 weeks whenever the next patch arrives when the admin do a server wipe.
avatar
Seafort
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by slightlymad1 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:47 am

there will be an update in a week max two no point . balls to it I say yes now , took a run round its very laggy today


Last edited by slightlymad1 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
slightlymad1
Resource Gatherer
Resource Gatherer

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-01-22
Age : 39
Location : Buckinghamshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by DanInSpace on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 am

Seafort wrote:
demonic wrote:Oh and the fact that MIntr said by his word the server wasnt getting wiped wella admin that you cannot belivee isnt wiorth playing on and a server thts wipes every 2 weeks is pointless and will discourage ne wplayers frm joining. By the way saying whocares what the ne wguys think u keep tlking about wanting more players but ypu overrule new players when they are here so what u think gonna happen they will find a better server
.

If the poll stays as it is we won't be wiping till the next big update. So enjoy the increased lag and lower player count till you have grown just as large as the other groups to add to the lag Smile

Either way you'll still lose all your items maybe not now but in the next 2 weeks whenever the next patch arrives when the admin do a server wipe.

By your logic we should just not bother playing at all, because it's only going to get wiped eventually.
avatar
DanInSpace
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by cokolada123 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:23 am

yes, it would be alot better and it would help for new players to join and stuff
avatar
cokolada123
Bambi
Bambi

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by mintR on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:35 am

THE VOTE HAS DECIDED THE SERVER WILL NOT WIPE.

Thanks for the votes guys.
avatar
mintR
Admin

Posts : 132
Join date : 2014-01-19
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we wipe?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum