Building a base

Go down

Building a base

Post by The-Me on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 am

After your first shelter, with a wooden door. It is time to move on. Build a base of your own. 
You wil start with wood. But how to make it safe. How to make you safe within your base. Protecting you but also your precious resources..

But how do you build a a safe base? I dont know everything, but there are some tips and tricks.
1: Doors. Use them. Lots of (metal) doors obfuscate potential valuables. If your base has one room ceiled with a door, it is obvious where your supplies are. The more doors, the more choises for a raider. And less change to pick the right room.
2: Spread out valuables. As with above. Make it hard to find your resources. But when they find it. Make it sure to look like jackpot, but let is just be a small portion of your resources. More doors, more rooms, more hiding spots. 
3: Go up.  You can have 12 doors and 11 rooms. But as you have your valuables next to an outside wall, raiders can see them. And can easily access them. Just two C4 for a wood wall. Makes all your doors useless.

I will add a plan for the base in the future. It will consist of three floors. About 11 doors and lots of rooms. 
Happy hunting you raiders.
The-Me
Bambi
Bambi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Building a base

Post by slightlymad1 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 am

Personally I go straight for a 1x1 with metal door then do this:-

Create a maze (honeycomb effect) with stairs in the centre of the structure.
On the outer wall I place (troll boxes) and enclose them in fake rooms so people waste their C4 trying to get in to them.
From there each staircase up has one metal door , I usually go up three levels and surround the base with foundations and pillars as tall as the building , this base does take a day to complete with 2 people but even a direct line to the resource room takes 8+ c4.

Another dirty trick is create troll houses nearby , leave fires on at night next to loot containers , inside those spell out LOL in 1 piece of charcoal or stone each nad laugh as raiders waste their C4
slightlymad1
Resource Gatherer
Resource Gatherer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mintR on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Pfft, who needs a house. Tame the local wild life to carry your items for you and live on the open road.
mintR
Admin

View user profile http://murderrustrespawn.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by t0rn on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:48 am

I like to make 'decoy' houses like the aforementioned chap but have a friend inside baiting them and spring a trap from nearby.
t0rn
Bambi
Bambi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slightlymad1 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:56 am

yeh I do the old shelter with a fire in it trick and wait on the cliffs with a bolt action , giggle every minute
slightlymad1
Resource Gatherer
Resource Gatherer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mintR on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm

I currently dont own a house Sad

I blame these ass holes taking up my rust time Razz

http://murderrustrespawn.forumotion.co.uk/t25-banned-players
mintR
Admin